Translate

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

After ANOTHER Saturday of rain (Anita and I actually went to the market yesterday at 7:30 AM, but no one else was there in the drizzle but for a miserably damp Asian woman we didn't know, so we ate breakfast at the Silver Diner and parted to our respective apartments to return to bed), today was beautiful--perfect sunshiny Resurrection weather.  If I hadn't become so overwhelmed by pollen, I might have felt like going out after church (Leah was so sweet to invite me for dinner with her family!), but as it was I sat down at my computer and finished the very last, absolutely final, I-swear-there-can't-be-a-typo-left corrections to the English manuscript of the book formerly known as Two Motherlands, Two Fatherlands [In a day or so, Irina will be sending it off to two published American authors she knows (one of whom has a literary agent...here's hoping it's catching!) and the real effort of getting it accepted by a respected press in this country and/or the UK begins].  Then I vaccuumed the house and breathed a little easier. 

I wish I were being more faithful about blog posting--life has been full of "interesting cultural experiences" lately--but what little time I have been able to muster for typing has been dedicated to listing things for sale online (Etsy, eBay and Amazon) and to the slow slog through Pirogov's unfinished autobiography.

No comments: