Translate

Sunday, September 01, 2013

Angry Birds, Assad Nota Bene

As to my errant spelling of the term for wannabe holy warriors used in the last post, my stepdad John sent me the following:

Mujahideen. Same trilateral root as jihaad. I think your spelling is Arabic for either mofo, or canary, can't remember which.

I'll say what I wrote was "canary" because I am amused by the image of a flock of small birds carrying tiny machine guns and twittering "Allah Ahkbar!"

BTW, note also that I should have said "Assads" or "Assad regime" rather than referring to Assad singular, given that father passed power to son in 2000. But like the Kims of North Korea, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Just posted a comment on your previous post about "muhajideen". Guess I should have kept reading, first!