Translate

Friday, September 12, 2014

The Search Continues...

I turned in the application for the job at the karate studio.  The questions they asked were kind of unusual--about whether I'd had childhood chores, and how they were rewarded.  It's been a while...

I have an interview with an agency in a neighboring county on Tuesday morning--the job is agriculture-oriented, so I would be learning and disseminated useful information, so I wouldn't feel guilty about getting a taxpayer-funded salary (which isn't much, anyway).

While Susan read to Theo in the background (he can already count to "8" by himself--he's getting so big!), Steven called me this afternoon to say that he'd found a few museum management jobs in DC that I might qualify for, and he was sending me the links.  It took three hours (NOT creating everything from scratch, just plugging in information) to get together applications for two, but they're in!  I am not sure I want to subject myself to DC traffic again, though--I was rejoicing on the way home after the gym today at rush hour that it was a whole lot nicer than Northern VA and Georgetown--people were waving other drivers in, not frothing with fury and honking their horns.  My blood pressure remains low.

Tomorrow, I am supposed to spend all day at the consignment store where some forty vendors, including me, have booths--it's an anniversary event (today was a Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting--I think the pictures are going to be in the local paper), and we are supposed to ply customers with sugar candy and tempt them with cool merchandise and discounts.  I was originally planning to bring Ghirardelli brownies, thinking they'd have a refreshments table set up, but the ladies there told me this morning that we should have our sweets in our booths, and I don't want chocolate crumbs everywhere.  A pilgrimage to the corner Walgreen's must happen come sunrise--in all good conscience, I can't offer customers last year's leftover Halloween sweets that I am still snacking my way through...

1 comment:

the elder kinswoman said...

Yeah, we need to make some serious efforts to consume the rest of that candy corn. I'm doing my part.