Translate

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Cantaloupes Kaput

Alas, my cantaloupes have been killed just a few weeks short of ripeness.  I went out Monday to check on them and found all but three leaves on the vine withered from freezing. Aargh!

My body chemistry is meantime messed up so that I smell like marigolds.  It beats smelling like garlic, but it's really weird, as I've not been eating anything unusual, except scrambled eggs (three double-yolkers in a single carton of a dozen! Maybe it's due to the mutant eggs...). And it's not doing any good as mosquito-repellant because those have gone for the winter.

I don't want to turn on my heat just yet, and so have been forced to pile more Grandmommy quilts on my bed to keep warm at night. It is delightfully snug, like an inverted version of "the princess and the pea," though, truthfully, one could probably pile rocks on top of the quilt layers and at this point I wouldn't notice anything, they are so thick and comfy.

I am glad my church has a YouTube channel, though it's certainly second-best to making it to services in person...but I slept through both morning and evening the day before yesterday.  In fact, I was conscious for only six hours between Saturday and Monday.  I haven't slept that well in ages.  Maybe it's the stack of quilts--nothing like twenty pounds of cotton pressing you into your mattress  to make for sweet slumbers.

I didn't have a single trick-or-treater come by my house on Halloween! I'd bought a large bag of candy, mostly stuff I don't care for (so I wouldn't be tempted), and now I'm stuck with all of it.  Perhaps I'll put a bowlful in my booth at the consignment mall.  And go to the Walgreens to stock up on the stuff I do like, now at a discount...

No comments: