Translate

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Not Yum, Yuck!

I haven't eaten anything in 24 hours. And I won't get to eat anything for another 14 at least, given that I have to be on clear liquids until 9 AM, then without anything by mouth until after I come out of anesthesia around 4 PM. At which point, of course, I expect the only thing I'll want to do is go to bed. If this doesn't restore my youthful figure, nothing will! I just hope my insides get a clean bill of health after all this self-deprivation. A legacy of digestive issues is not a happy inheritance.

The CELTA certificates are finally on their way. A classmate of mine has been diligent in contacting the school, and they assured her that they were being mailed out yesterday. I think they made the paper and ink themselves, given the time it took for the documents to be issued. Gosh, I hope the school I applied to in Japan thinks it worthwhile to hire me. I am so tired of the ongoing job application process, which reminds me uncomfortably of dating (at which I have achieved even less success than in procuring employment). In both dating and hiring, I am at a disadvantage because of my age. Everybody wants unwrinkled young beauties, drat it. I would drown my sorrows in ice cream, but dairy is forbidden right now!








5 comments:

mitrabinda.x@gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rummy cards said...

Rummy nation blog is nice site ..

Rummy Game said...

Great blog!

Rummy News said...

Thank you for sharing your info.

Rummy News said...

Wonderful post. This is most inspiring post. I love to read such kind of material