Translate

Saturday, November 07, 2015

It Had Been A While…

… Several weeks! ... Since my last major injury, and so to make up for lost time, I fell down the stairs this evening. As I landed, my left ankle emitted a nasty snap, then quickly swelled up like a small balloon. Right now I'm lying in bed with it elevated on two pillows and an ice pack wrapped in a towel balanced on it. I hope I haven't broken anything. But, I wouldn't put it past the accident-prone nature I inherited from my father to find out that I have.

A really nice policewoman stayed near my estate sale jewelry counter all day today--my sweet boss had hired security for this weekend's sale because there was more than $100,000 in jewelry on display, and she didn't want to take any chances. The girl in the black bulletproof vest, heavy with extra pistol magazines and other law-enforcement accoutrements, was extremely pleasant to talk to, and we had no problems with the light-fingered in our area thanks to her presence. Not to say that people didn't nick other things elsewhere--half a dozen CDs were found gone from their cases at the end of the day, and a couple broke a glass in the kitchen and didn't own up to it--but by and large it was quiet.

Saturday morning update: my ankle is swollen and purple, but my boss is sweetly found a stool for me to sit on, so I'm going to work. It's raining, so we don't expect a huge crowd.

No comments: