Translate

Monday, March 14, 2016

Mathematical Ignorance On Pi Day

In my previous post, I took courage from the example of Ann Radcliffe, whom I deduced had begun both her matrimonial and writing career in middle age. Today, I read through her biography again, and discovered that I had miscalculated, somehow subtracting six from eight and getting four. Not only was she just over half my age when she wed, she was only a quarter century when she was initially published. And she was socially well-connected, being the niece of Josiah Wedgwood's business partner. Phooey. Not that I have any intention of writing Gothic romance novels!

I've learned in the past week that two of my girl friends are moving abroad, both for educational reasons. One will be in Canada, and the other in South Korea. I shall simply be forced to go visit them.

No comments: